Metal Shearing Services Serving Tucson, AZ Since 1984
Metal shearing is an effective way of separating metal into two parts without using any form of heat. The term “shearing” by itself refers to a precise cutting method that produces straight line cuts to separate a piece of sheet metal. The operated shear machine applies a large amount of force to cut the metal accurately and precisely. Commonly used materials for this process include stainless steel, aluminum, cold rolled steel, bronze, brass and copper.
Types of Shears
There are many different types of shears available for sheet metal shearing, ranging from small hand-held units to large floor-mounted models. Shear machines can be operated manually or by hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical power.
Desert Precision uses shearing machines to cut many different types of materials for a variety of industries.
Our Shearing Capabilities
At Desert Precision we offer many types of CNC Wysong Shears ranging in size from 72 inches to 144 inches. We have the machine for your shearing needs.
- 1 CNC Wysong Shear, 144” Bed, ¼” thk. Capacity
- 1 CNC Wysong Shear, 120” Bed, 3/16 thk. Capacity
- 1 CNC Wysong Shear 72” Bed, 14 Gauge Capacity
- 1 Di-Acro Shear, 24”,16 Gauge Capacity
- 1 Hydraulic Kidder Notcher , 10 Gauge Capacity
- 1 Hydraulic Uninotch, ¼” Capacity
- 2 Di-Acro Corner Notchers (Radiuses, Fillets, Chamfers)
Our Services & Capabilities
We realize you have a choice in where you decide to fabricate your parts. We have the experience and equipment to turn your designs into reality.